Official name of the Palace:
41. Palace of Emanuele Filiberto Di Negro
Open to visitors
N° bussolo in 1576:
N° bussolo in 1614:
N° bussolo in 1664:
via al Ponte Reale, 2
Built in the 17th century by Emanuele Filiberto di Negro with the demolition of the medieval “De Nigro” houses and tower, the palace appeared in the rolls for the first time in 1614, under the name of Pietro Maria Gentile. Two hundred yeard later another Pietro Gentile was its owner and it was mentioned several times in the Guides because of its collection of pictures includes works by Reni, Titian and Rubens. It was defined by Ratti as being of “uncommon size and height and extremely noble in both its external façade and interior.
The façade, richly decorated with stucco, can be comfortably admired from distant viewpoints. The grandiose exterior is reflected in the entrance hall and nymphaeum an loggiaed courtyard and stuccoed staircase. During the 19th century, the opening of the carrittiera Carlo Alberto (Via Gramsci) which elsewhere caused demolition of houses behind the Ripa, here left the façade intact.
The texts have been updated thanks to the INSIDE STORIES project financed with funds - Law no. 77 of 20 February 2006 "Special measures for the protection and enjoyment of Italian sites of cultural, landscape and environmental interest, included in the "World Heritage List", under the protection of UNESCO.
Questo sito utilizza cookies per migliorare l'esperienza utente.
Puoi acconsentire all’utilizzo di tali tecnologie utilizzando il pulsante “Accetta”. Chiudendo questa informativa, continui senza accettare.